VEGETABLE KARE-KARE INGREDIENTS
Savor the rich mix of vegetables in this Filipino specialty.
1/4 cup atsuete seeds
1/3 cup water
3 tbsps. cooking oil
2 tsps. garlic minced
3/4 cup onions sliced
1 piece MAGGI Beef Broth Cube
1 piece MAGGI Shrimp Broth Cube
100 g. beef sirloin sliced into strips
2 cups eggplant sliced
2 cups banana heart (butuan variety)
1 1/2 cups water
1/3 cup peanut butter
2 cups sitaw cut 2 to 3 inches long
1. Soak atsuete seeds in hot water to steep. Drain. Set aside extract.
2. Heat oil and sauté garlic, onions and MAGGI Beef and MAGGI Shrimp Broth Cubes.
3. Stir in beef; cook until it changes color.
4. Add eggplant and banana heart; stir-fry for 2 minutes. Pour in water.
5. Bring to simmer until vegetables are tender.
6. Stir in peanut butter and blend well.
7. Add sitaw and simmer for 2-3 minutes until sitaw are cooked but still crisp.