PINOY SIOPAO INGREDIENTS
6 cups flour
1 cup white sugar
1 package active dry yeast
1 lb cubed pork loin or chicken thighs
2 teaspoons cooking oil
6 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 cup boiling water
4 teaspoons oyster sauce
4 teaspoons light soy sauce
6 hard-boiled eggs
2 green onions
4 teaspoons brown sugar
1 teaspoon cornstarch, dissolved in 2 t. water
2 cloves garlic
1 cup lukewarm water
3 teaspoons salt
PINOY SIOPAO DOUGH PROCEDURES
1. In a medium bowl, combine flour, salt and baking powder, set aside.
2. In another bowl liquefy yeast in lukewarm water then add 1 cup of the flour mixture. Mix thoroughly.
3. Cover with a cloth and let rise 1 hour.
4. In the meantime, soften the white sugar in the boiling water.
5. Stir well then let cool to lukewarm.
6. Pour into the yeast mixture, and then add the rest of the prepared flour mixture.
7. Stir to blend well. Grease a large bowl.
8. Turn dough out onto a floured board and knead for 3 minutes, you want your dough smooth, not sticky.
9. Put ball into bowl, turn once and cover with a damp cloth.
10. Let rise 2 hours or until doubled.
PINOY SIOPAO FILLING PROCEDURES
1. Stir fry the garlic and onions in a small amount of oil in a wok.
2. Add meat and stir fry for 1 minute or until meat is no longer pink.
3. Add soy sauce, oyster sauce and brown sugar.
4. Transfer in the dissolved cornstarch and stir fry quickly until meat is glazed well. Remove from heat and let cool.
HOW TO MAKE PINOY SIOPAO
1. Punch down dough and knead on a floured board for 3 to 5 minutes.
2. Divide dough and roll each half into a 12×2 inch log.
3. Cut each into 12 pieces, making 24.
4. Roll each piece into a ball using your hands then rolling it flat into a 3 inch diameter circle.
5. Powder with flour if needed to prevent sticking.
6. Place 1 slice of egg into center of dough round, then 1 T. of filling with sauce.
7. Gather sides of round pinch together and twist.
8. Put pinched side down on parchment paper and place in steamer. Repeat until done.
9. Cover with a damp cloth and let rise for 1 hour. Steam Siopao for 20 minutes. You can freeze cooked Siopao, simply re-steam for 10 minutes.